First Baptist Mauldin
Pastor’s Ministry Assistant – Part-Time
- Be a devoted disciple of Jesus
- Possess strong and positive people skills, with the ability to relate well to both staff members and church members, and serve as a member of a team
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills in overseeing the database and records of First Baptist Mauldin
- Maintain absolute confidentiality in regards to ministry business and counseling
- Carry a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Proficiency in ACS (Automated Church Systems) and Microsoft Office a plus
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule
- Compensation commensurate with experience
First Baptist Mauldin
Pastor’s Ministry Assistant – Part Time
- Maintain a healthy relationship with God
- Love and care for your family
- Exhibit a positive Christian lifestyle
- Attend worship and a small group Bible study
- Attend staff prayer time and staff meetings
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Provide administrative and staff support for Senior Pastor
- Back-up – available to be back-up personnel for all other office staff
- Baptism – keep pastor updated on who needs to be baptized. When baptism is scheduled, inform baptism committee. Afterward mail DVD of baptismal service to families
- Bereavement – when death occurs in church family or extended family, inform staff, deacons, develop bulletin and make arrangements for meal.
- Church Conference – prepare all reports and materials for church conferences
- Correspondence - Responsible for correspondence of Senior Pastor
- Deacons – keep deacons informed of pastoral care needs; keep up-to-date records for deacons; prepare monthly accountability sheets; work with pastor and deacon screening committee; be available to help deacons in any way needed.
- Meetings - Attend meetings as requested by Senior Pastor and maintain accurate minutes for each meeting
- Network Manager – work closely with computer consultant to maintain all computers and network server; keep software up-to-date and licenses up-to-date
- Personnel – work with pastor on personnel team issues; have all materials available; keep personnel records updated; during a search for staff, keep records and work with pastor in any way needed.
- Prayer Requests – communicate all prayer requests to pastoral staff and prayer ministry
- Record keeping – long-term attendance stats; all membership records kept up-to-date
- Staff meetings and retreats – attend all staff meetings; attend pastoral staff meetings and retreats to take minutes; have all materials available for meetings and retreats; distribute minutes from meetings to staff
- Website/Sign – maintain website and electronic sign; information up-to-date
- Other Duties as Assigned – All staff members will be asked at times to help with special events, projects or situations as they arise.